Monday, August 27, 2007

Quiet Monday


After Seasha passed away last night I wanted to give Flopsy time with her, it's hard to say how they feel, but I've always found that it's okay to leave the body with a companion for a period of time. So I placed her strategically and covered her back end where they had given her the injection. Flopsy at times seemed oblivious and at others a little freaked, but she wasn't thumping either. I added several stuffies and new clean rugs. I set the alarm and checked on her at 3AM and she seemed at peace so I removed Searsha's body and spent some time with Flopsy before heading back to bed and a 6AM alarm clock for work.


Of course I felt like I'd been steamrollered when the alarm went off, between little sleep, all the tears, and sitting on hard floors for 4 hours my body was in agony. Called in sick to work and went back to bed.


I am happy to report that Flopsy seems to be okay, I will of course be keeping a watchful eye as she really is an elderly little thing. Took Searsha's body to County for a necropsy in the afternoon, hoping they will find the cause of the seizures. Spent the remainder of the day with my mom, just hanging out talking about life, so it was a bittersweet end of a quiet Monday.

No comments: